Search our content

Home  /  Arriving/Leaving  /  Vehicles  /  SELLING A VEHICLE


What you need:

1. Bill of Sale: blank copies of this documents can be found below at the bottom of this page. 
2. Original registration document
3. Rear Vehicle Registration Plate
4. Controle Technique (CT): the seller must pass a Control Technique before the sale can be proceeded regardless the vehicle age. This process is valid only for 60 days. If you do not sell the vehicle within 60 days, you will need to pass another CT. CT station will provide you with Demande D'Immatriculation (pink document) + an attestation for the CT. Motor cycles are exempt from this process.

The seller has to complete the following process (together with the Bill of Sale and rear vehicle registration plate):
1. VAT Office (Bldg. 210 Room 103), there you will receive the letter 'VAT permission to dispose a car';
2. Customs Office (Bldg. 210 Room 111A)
3. Registration Office (Bldg. 210 Fast Line)

For more information, you are advised to contact the Customs Office in the first instance to ensure you comply with the relevant rules regarding the sale of a tax free vehicle.

Search our content:


Rue Grande
7010 Mons

Base Support Group

Attn: Office of Communication & Community Affairs
B-7010 SHAPE